What's new with Amazon Alexa?
What's new with Alexa this week?
This week, we take a look at what's new with Amazon's smart assistant, Alexa this week. We'll also reveal the most request commands and questions for the week.
- "Alexa, play Heart Radio.” - Alexa can play almost any radio station using the TuneIn skill, which can be enabled just by asking to play any radio station.
- “Alexa, how do I set up a Routine?” - Alexa can tell you how to do this and easily setup any number of routines, just by saying one single command, such as: "Alexa, start my day". Once you've said this, Alexa could turn on your lights, read the news and let you know the weather for your local area.
- “Alexa, tell me a joke about science.” - Alexa can tell you a whole range of jokes, relating to pretty much any subject. Throughout December (and she still can), Alexa told a whole host of Christmas themed jokes. Santa delivered a few, too! Give it a try.
- “Alexa, play the Easy Morning playlist on Amazon Music.” - For this to work, you'll need to be signed up to Amazon Music or Prime. If you're not, Alexa will let you know and give you the option to start a 30 day free trail for Amazon Music.
If Alexa knows that a track contains explicit lyrics, you'll have the option to not hear them. Just say: "Alexa, block explicit lyrics".
Here are the most requested questions and commands for the week:
- Time zone: “Alexa, what time is it in Australia?”
- Alarm command: “Alexa, snooze.”
- Music library: “Alexa, play my music.” With Amazon Music, Alexa can play your favourite songs from your personal music library.
For more tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter @Hart_Pro_Tweets #HartleyProductions and Like us on Facebook and Instagram @HartleyProductionsOfficial. As always, keep checking back on hartleyproductions.uk for more.